Get to know the Dancer // Steffani Lopez
Get to know some of the dancers at DCCD, their inspiration, and where their training began! We would like to introduce Steffani Lopez!
1. How long have you been dancing? I have been dancing for 10 years now (since I was seven).
2. Why did you start dancing? My friend invited me to take a dance class with her and I loved it a lot.
3. Who or what is your biggest dancing inspiration? Joshua Peugh, he’s the coolest person I know and has lots of interesting and important things to share that keep me inspired as an artist and excited to continue exploring.
4. What is your proudest dance achievement so far? Being the youngest member in a professional company, it’s such an incredible opportunity and I’m really lucky to be a part of Dark Circles.
5. Tell us about your hobbies outside of dance. I really enjoy biking when I have some time off. I like getting lost in different neighborhoods, it’s calming.
6. Choose one word to describe your dancing. I’d describe my dancing techniques as honest, I try to keep in mind that everything happens as an effect of the movement before it. Also, dance is more fun when it’s natural.
7. What is your favorite dance quote? “Somebody just gave me a shower radio. Thanks a lot. Do you really want music in the shower? I guess there’s no better place to dance than a slick surface next to a glass door.” -Jerry Seinfeld
Photo by Sarah Carpenter